The Spirit of Optimism

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."



-Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, December 13, 2010

New Bathroom

Sometimes I find it more expensive to 'fix' something rather than redo the entire thing.  I wish I had just ripped the walls down and put up sheet rock.  I do NOT like wall paper.  But I will deal with what we have here.

Definitely older person oriented.


I ripped up the carpet and the linoleum underneath. Re-stained the cabinets, trim.  Added trim around glass.  Removed lace from mirror.  Re-did wall paper and put down tile.  The bathtub area itself still needs to be completed.  I will tear down the walls around it and put up cement board and tile in the entire bath.  I will also update the faucets to match the one I put in the sink.


I still need to replace the toilet. It leaked and we thought it was just the bolts.  But come to find out the tank itself is cracked.  Fun Stuff.  :-p

2 comments: