The Spirit of Optimism

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."



-Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another New Addition

I am going to do trade work for Clint.  I will train some of his horses (put hours on them so Clint can take over and not run the risk of over extending himself physically -- work injury) and he will give me a horse in trade.  This was going to be later this spring....But I have acquired the traded gelding already.  So I have 4 horses now.

I don't have his papers yet, so no name.  But the total investment in this horse has been $1,000 plus.  So I will have to work that off in a few month.  He is a year and a half.  He has been out to pasture, so I will start feeding him more heavily with grain and a weight builder supplement to put the size on him he will need to have to be ridden. 

I am working him on the ground slowly.  He is very skittish considering he had not been handled a lot.  He is starting to trust me and is very curious when I take the other horses out.  (I put the saddle on Joe my 9mo...he did not have any halter or rope on..he just sat there and looked at me with the expression...and? -- It was so cute.  Cant wait to see how he is going to be in a year and a half)




No comments:

Post a Comment