The Spirit of Optimism

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."



-Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Front room

Sometime I hate myself because I have to have so many things just the way I want them. Then I am so busy I never get to relax. I just got a job today - Bridger Valley Propane. It is only a couple of days a week, but I just have to do things here at home at night instead of during the day. Just afraid my working out will nto be as regimented. Hopefully with the job I will be able to get a truck and a tailer soon. And I did have my bosses husband ask me to train a horse. I told him I have to wait until my knee is better, but that is two horses scheduled already this year....Oh, I guess I should tell you about the first one. I guess a couple at church had heard through the grape vine that I train and asked me some questions. She said that she wanted me to train her horse. I told her I have to wait. Then she asked me a few weeks later how I trained. I took about five minutes to give her a run down. After, she said I should teach community classes. I guess that is a nice pat on the back. I am still trying to find time to write my book, but I get discourage when I see so many people are writing and I feel so inadequate. I keep having to tell myself - It doesn't matter, at least it will be your own personal accomplishment. - So I got home today at about 5:30 and after taking care of things here I primed the ceiling and walls - two hours. My muscles are really screaming at me. A lot of work putting mudd up etc. I actually didn't lift weights this week so that I would not be tired, but it is still hard holding that mudd and working above your head.



If you have ever purchased an older home I am sure you know it can be a pain.
This home is not only older and lookes like a pre-fab home(it is not), but it has panelled walls.
I thought I would be daring and save money and mudd over it instead of putting up drywall.  Well in the hall I did not tape the seams.  Major mistake and I am sure it is going to bite me in the butt.  But in the front room I taped all seams and taped the corners.  So hopefully no cracking.

There was wall paper and a paper backing on the wall.  The wall behind the piano I left the paper backing, but had to prime it.  When I tried to mudd over it there was a lot of beading of the paper and I couldnt get a smooth finish.  So after priming it my idea of just mudding the wall to a flat surface and putting a suede paint on it did not work.  There was too much of a roll in the wall.  So I decided to texture it.  The wall on the left I removed all the wall paper and paper backing.

Up above is the ceiling after I removed all the egg texture.  I tried to texture it, but the mudd would nto stick and the paper underneath would flake off...So I had to prime it...another day, another step.

I filled in all of the seams with mudd...I should have primed the wall first.  Some spots did not stick.  I them sanded it down.


Wall after priming - I will put a pine chair rail and a pine moulding around the window.  And we will be getting rid of the pink carpet one of these days.

Ceiling has all been textured and primed.

--Next Project--

I will remove the wall paper border, egg ceiling and texture.  New light fiture hear and throughout the house.  They still have the ones fromt 1973....yuck. I would like to make a breakfast nook to put in the corner.  I will go up to the mountains this year and get a few cords of wood to see what I can come up with.

You can see that just painting over this paneling there are seams....those will be filled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment