The Spirit of Optimism

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."



-Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Exciting Day

Long day again. But it was a lot more mellow than yesterday. We closed today and as I walked around the property I got excited again. I just tell myself I did not buy it for the house. :-) there is a lot! of work. I wish I had an army to help walk around, pick up junk, stack wood, repair fences...and clean a dead cats carcass out of the shed.....I just tell myself one thing at a time. I write down lists and categorize them or I would go insane trying to get too many things going at the same time.



And Dave saw a 5 point buck on the way to work this morning. I love to see them, but i hate the thought of knowing that deer season is coming up. And a lot of people will walk out there door and shoot one in thier front yard. So sad. Daves company lets the entire company have days off for the hunting season...it's big here....imagine that.... ;-p

5 comments:

  1. Haha that sounds awesome, I am Just waiting for the day I come up I am sooooo excited and I just cant wait to come up, I MISS YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on closing! I'm sure you'll have all your projects going and that place being uniquely yours before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your used to hard work right!? No big deal for you - you always do a good job. Tyson was pretending to shoot deer while we were in DC. I picture him as being such a cowboy when he grows up. He is always talking about hunting and riding a horse. I'm not sure where he gets it from because he hasn't ever talked to anyone who has gone hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha nice Brooke, sounds like a real cowboy!

    ReplyDelete