The Spirit of Optimism

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine."



-Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Our 5 year old gelding

This is Brock. We went and saw him up in Kamas...absolutely beautiful country. He is actually not a mustang. He was bred up in Kamas.
I was switching halters on him and Sarah was playing with the camera.
He was a little bit apprehensive about what I was doing. He has not been trained so I am seeing what I am in for in the process.


He is extremely overweight. He has fat by his withers which I have never seen before. So he will need a lot of work before winter.
Lovely a picture of my backside.
Well, when I train a horse I lay on them to make sure that they are willing to let me swing my leg over. I also see if they will hold still. I don't want any horse I train to walk away before the rider has told them to.
He was a little jumpy when my knee got his side, but did very well.
When I encouraged him to go, he was confused. So when I nudged with my heals he jumped. He has not clue what is going on.
I worked him on his softness. He was very willing to listen. When I took Sarah out for a ride he, again was confused, but very willing to please. I am really excited to work with him. Sarah is too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment